Paris is perhaps the world's most romantic city, but my hometown of New York is a close second. So I decided to put together a list of my favorite romantic things to do in New York City.
- Stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge, and sit for a while in Brooklyn Bridge Park, admiring the city skyline and the view framed by the bridges. Then, refresh yourself with a slice of Bubby's awesome pie, or head to the River Cafe for a more decadent meal. Note that Bubby's is a family restaurant, but it does have a great view and their pie is awesome.
- Enjoy the grand halls of the New York Public Library's main branch, then sit in the main reading room to read collections of love letters to each other
- Head to Bouchon Bakery for my favorite macarons in the city, and perhaps a few sandwiches or other treats, then stroll through Central Park to find your perfect picnic spot, or take a boat ride
- Take a free roundtrip ride on the Staten Island Ferry, enjoying the views of the water and the Statue of Liberty
- In spring, go to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden for magical walks under canopies of cherry blossoms.
What are your favorite romantic things to do in your hometown? What romantic things are you planning for your honeymoon?
Top 10 Best Places to Get Married in New York City